Eniscope - Real-time Energy Management System
Energy is invisible, making it difficult to control. The sad truth is we cannot manage what you cannot see!
Michrotech in partnership with British Energy Saving Technology is proud to announce Eniscope. A Real-time Energy Management System that is increasingly being used as a critical element of many robust energy management programs because it makes this otherwise invisible energy now visible and thereby manageable.
Energy is an intrinsic part of everyday life… every product we purchase and consume and every lifestyle and business choice we make has energy-related financial and environmental implications, which we ignore at our peril.
By far the easiest and most cost effective way of increasing the available energy globally is to eliminate waste, which means that we must get more from less. The cheapest unit of electricity is the one you don’t squander.
Predictably, over 40% of the energy consumed in many facilities is needlessly wasted.
On a political level the generation, distribution and availability of energy is likely to have a greater impact on the shape of the world economy than any other single factor. On a commercial level business owners everywhere need to reduce energy consumption and costs – not only to increase profit – but in many cases just to survive.
With experience spanning four decades helping organisations and individuals save energy, the management team at BEST has identified a number of barriers to success. These problems often prevent people from perusing and enjoying the considerable benefits derivable from an energy management programme.
In a nutshell these problems are caused by a combination of:
- The way energy is distributed on the National Grid and is subsequently ‘piped’ into your facility affords you little opportunity to manage the resource. Variable voltage for example can add significantly to the cost of operating equipment.
- Although energy is consumed in ‘units’ of power (kWh), tariff charges can be very complicated and there are many other parameters that will likely affect how much you finally pay. In some cases 50% of the utility provider’s bill is for avoidable punitive charges like reactive power and maximum demand.
- Because energy is consumed in real time but charged for historically you have no way of knowing how much you are using at any point in time, both when the facility is staffed and open for business and when it is closed. Massive amounts of energy are often consumed needlessly when a building should in reality be closed down. High out of hours base loads often make up large portions of the bill. Also inefficient energy hungry pieces of equipment that demand disproportional high amounts of energy in relation to the job of work they do remain unchecked.
- When we routinely discuss and review energy saving initiatives that have either already been implemented or being considered by clients, invariably facility owners have absolutely no idea how much energy a given device has saved or is likely to save. There is normally no way of clients verifying the efficacy of the energy saving equipment being recommended. In some cases the wrong product on the wrong application can actually increase the energy consumption on the specific load.
- Even following a successful energy savings programme, be that energy efficiency, cost reduction or renewable power generation, there is little to celebrate and applaud as there is no way of staff and customers being able to visualise the positive benefits. Normally the only person seeing the difference is the clerk paying the bill.
Understandably, businesses that have invested in energy saving initiatives need to be ‘seen to be green’ by both staff and customers alike. Information changes behaviour and staff and customers can’t lend their support if they can’t visualise and see the positive results displayed.
BEST are pioneering EnergyMaps – a new holistic approach to energy efficiency – an ethical approach that is already helping companies around the world to progressively; control then reduce and finally eliminate their energy costs.
The unique Eniscope solution designed and manufactured by BEST is pivotal to each stage of the EnergyMaps formula.
The Eniscope solution comprises of a flexible range of web-enabled class-1 digital meters in one, four and eight way configurations, coupled to a bespoke computer interface that disaggregates and processes data on your energy consumption second-by-second. This information is exported to the world wide web enabling you to visualise and analyse your energy profile on a PC, laptop or mobile device from anywhere in the world.
The Eniscope cloud based platform provides both instantaneous real-time and analytic information via salient graphical displays that put you in control of your energy costs and your carbon footprint; because Eniscope makes the invisible energy leaks now visible. You will be able to see exactly where your energy is going, second by second, and this empowers you to prevent waste and make substantial savings.
For organizations that have made the decision to invest in load-side energy saving products in the hope of reducing their power demand, and consequently their bill… Eniscope Real-time and Analytics become your indispensable allies for proving savings.
This is also an invaluable solution for all ethical companies IN the Energy Saving Business who wish to demonstrate the efficacy of their products and solutions in a totally open and honest way for their clients.
Quite simply you can measure, side-by-side, the positive effects (or not as the case may be) of any specified product and ‘test’ with laser-like precision its efficacy on any specific application… and then see, unequivocally, the exact ROI or ‘payback’ you can expect.
Eniscope completely removes the risk of investing in solutions that may sound good, but don’t ‘cut the mustard’. Thanks to Eniscope you can invest with the confidence of knowing you are making the right decision, because you will have accurate, unbiased, analytical information at your fingertips to prove it!
Eniscope can also power a range of stunning Real-time Energy Displays. Displays can be strategically positioned around the building to create awareness among the occupants as to how energy is being both generated (in the case of renewable energy) and used. As an example, Eniscope currently monitors and displays information from the largest roof top solar panel array in Europe.
The benefits you could experience with Eniscope include:
- Easily Identify Saving Opportunities of up to 40%
- Expose Energy Abusing Equipment
- Eliminate Out of Hours Waste
- Prove the Efficacy and ROI of Energy Saving Products and Solutions
- Engage Users and Improve Efficiencies with Real-time Energy Displays
- Help to Target Continual Reductions With Historical Analysis Tools
The hardware at the heart of the brilliant Eniscope solution is designed, manufactured and distributed exclusively by BEST.
Available in a number of convenient configurations the total Eniscope solution comprises of a bespoke communications ‘hub’ coupled to a number of highly accurate better than Class One Metering points.
Our out-of-the-box approach to Energy Management means you just open up your favourite web-browser and you can instantly navigate to any number of meters in your building.
With a tolerance of plus or minus one digit the Eniscope is more accurate than the standard grade revenue meters supplied by the utility companies. This means it can be used to check the accuracy of all your existing meters.
Our all-new, ground-breaking Eniscope has a number of bespoke features, which combine together to create the most powerful and sophisticated energy management hardware on the world market.
The flagship of the Eniscope range is the stunning new Eniscope Hybrid. An installation of a single 8 channel Eniscope Hybrid can ultimately provide:
Integral communications hub and web server
Up to 8 individual 3-phase or
24 single phase electricity metering points via 0.333mv CT’s
Remote or localised set up via PC or MAC
Compact footprint measuring only 200mm x 200mm x60mm
Easy installation with simple plug-in connectors
* WIFI enabled communication
* 3G enabled communication
Up to 8 additional pulse inputs (e.g. gas, water, oil etc.)
* Modbus capability for multiple single phase metering points
* Daisy-chain communication with 32 CUES or ACES Hybrid
* In Development
Eniscope Hybrid – Unique Hardware
The Eniscope Hybrid solution is unique for a number of reasons:-
First: Because it has its own on-board meters, powerful internal computer and web-server. This means information can be stored, collated and then exported to the World Wide Web with the utmost convenience, at which point it can be accessed securely from anywhere in the world on a PC, laptop or hand-held device.
Second: It is a complete plug-and-play solution that can be installed by any competent electrician using safe, low cost 333mV CT’s, and be up and running in a few hours! Furthermore because it is web-enabled it can be upgraded with any software enhancements remotely.
Third: Unlike the so-called ‘smart’ meters, our Eniscope Meters are gathering information and exporting data in REAL, real-time… literally as it happens. It is also measuring ALL the important parameters. Unlike lesser systems… we do not ‘assume’ or ‘guess’ important parameters like voltage… we measure everything with pinpoint accuracy.
Fourth: It’s very flexible… You can start your energy management programme with just one single metering point on either the whole supply – or one area of the building – or even one critical piece of equipment. Thereafter, as you begin to appreciate the benefits of having everything totally transparent you can add sub-metering points as you like and they can be easily integrated together and viewed simultaneously via our Analytics Software.
We are now completing the software drivers to enable:
- Provision of 3G and WIFI enabled communication.
- Up to 8 additional pulse inputs to be separately monitored (e.g. gas, water, oil etc.)
- Provision of Modbus one wire capability to enable up to a further 32 single phase metering points via simple daisy-chain communication with any combination of CUES or ACES Hybrid.
This means that the Eniscope Hybrid has been designed to work in conjunction with, and communicate directly with any number of other BEST load-side products such as ACES, our patented Air Conditioning Energy Saver and CUES, our patented Chilled Unit Energy Saver. When released these products will have on-board single phase metering capability designed to gather a wealth of additional information on the performance of individual appliances, including energy consumption and operating temperatures leading to pre-emptive maintenance alerts.
TAKE CONTROL NOW!
Contact our energy experts and stop wasting unecessary energy today at 1-(855)-892-0292 .